This is a summary of a checklist found in Mukhtasar Minhaj Al-Qasidin, an abridged version of Ibn Al-Jawzi’s summary of Imam Abu Hamid Al-Ghazali’s well known book, Ihya’ ‘Ulum al-Din. The list deals with 6 criteria Muslim businessmen (and women) should have with regards to the practice of Islam in their daily business dealings:
- Have good Intention.
- Seek to fulfil a need of the community.
- Not be distracted by the worldly aspects of the business, and remember the Hereafter.
- Remember Allah SWT when doing business.
- Not be too greedy, such that he arrives at the market first, and leaves it as the last one.
- Avoid suspicious transactions.
May this list benefit you and be in your practice.